Monday, January 23, 2006

During the Calm...

This weekend was very peaceful and fun in laid back type of way. Early Saturday morning I went to take a math test for my certification. I passed, thank you God!

Being that I was in such a good mood I took the afternoon to relax and enjoy a rare and tender moment of family. My mom had a sip of coconut rum and orange juice and she was feeling rather good. My sister-in-law came by and Mr. B, my mothers boyfriend did also. We were all in fun spirits so we listened to some music and had a few laughs. I wanted to escape to enjoy the company of a friend, so the little one and I got dressed and left the old folks to some needed peace.

We ended up going to Sunset in South Miami only to the surprise of too many people! Where did all these teenagers come from and who has all this money for them to spend? When I was a teenager we frequented the Omni Mall and Theater and I only had $15 or $20 dollars, on a good day. That was bus fair, the movie ticket and a meal from the Burger King or Checkers that was directly across the street. I felt so old and out of place around all those kids. Really after being around kids throughout the week, I try hard to be away from them on the weekend.

We purchased tickets an hour and fifteen minutes before the movie started so we could grab a bite to eat. Due to the extreme amount of people we took a seat at Johnny Rockets and enjoyed a fast meal. When entered the theater, there was no room to sit. The movie hoppers had beat us there and I refused to sit two rows away from the screen with my five year sitting on my lap. On top of that deal with the rude and loud crowd talking through the movie. REFUND PLEASE!!
Got the money back and had to listen to the non-understanding five year old whine about not seeing a movie. After five minutes of explaining she finally gave up and we played a few video games before leaving. My friend and I were tired anyways so not seeing the movie didn't bother us a bit. Our mood had changed when we first got there and saw all those people we both wanted to do a U-turn.

All in all we enjoyed our short outing and ended the night with some Dairy Queen. What a treat!


**********************


I can honestly say that I have been so happy lately and it's great being in the company of God's grace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lāā said...

Sounds like you still enjoyed yourself. I'm happy for you.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Frannie said...

Wow, yes, being in Gods grace will definitely do that to ya! Hopefully next time there won't be a bunch of teenyboppers and you all can enjoy yourself to a nice peaceful movie! You should watch "last holiday", the message is SO awesome. :)

*xoxo* God bless and I hope this whole week and forever more is wonderful for you!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home