Sunday, July 15, 2007

Adjusting

Adjusting to Orlando really took some time. I didn't realize how home sick I would be, it rarely crossed my mind. I missed mom even though I talked to her more than twice a day. It was hard getting use to not seeing her face on a daily basis. We struggled with our relationship often, but I made it my business to overcome our troubles. I finally accepted my mother for who she was and found the beauty in that. I was constantly waiting for a change that possibly could not have happen. I have so much respect for her and I would never do anything to hurt her.

I am a work freak so finding a job was a must. I thought that I would not have a problem in that department but I was so wrong. I tried everything even Starbucks, but no one would hire me because they figured I would quit sooner than they wanted. The school system had a freeze so I was left chasing the wind trying to find any way to make some cash. My mom and dad shot me a few dollars here and there when they had it and that kept my head above water.

Soon I started substituting which eventually landed me to my present job now. It wasn't what I was looking for but at that time anything consistent was good enough for me. They brought me in under false pretenses, making me think that had intentions of paying me the salary of a teacher, but once I was in good and my probationary period was up, they dropped the budget bomb on me. Frankly it was so close to the end of the school year so I had no choice but to finish it out. But they knew how I completely felt about the situation and I made sure they knew it could never happen again.

As far a Orlando as a city...overall it OK. It is what I needed, a place with boundaries and curfews. LOL! I really don't like the fact that the city is so slow compared to Miami but I have learned to live with it. When I want to do some damage I just make a trip down to the MIA!!

I needed a change and I needed to experience life in a new area. When you change your atmosphere you change your outlook and your perspective on life. You see with new eyes! Exposure to different things has always helped people explore new and greater possibilities of life. I am so grateful for this opportunity for me as well as my daughter. I can't wait to see what's next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home