Thursday, April 27, 2006

In most cases people say, "People do what you allow them to do".

I accept full responsibility.

When you are friends with person for a long period of time its never easy to forget them. In fact you can't.

I think about "her"(my best friend) and our relationship almost everyday. We struggled from time to time because we were two completely different people with similar views and opinions. Over time we learned to respect each other and we agreed to disagree.

In one day I went numb not knowing that it would be like this, we haven't been the same since.
I was dealing with a lot of pressure and instead of talking it out, I went silent. Maybe this was not the best choice but what's done is done.

We never intentionally hurt each other but many times found ourselves making up after misunderstandings and hurt feelings. It hasn't happened yet this time and there is no sign of when it's to come.

I love her and I miss sharing our dreams. But we were to vocal about our opinions to each other or not realizing the damage it could do to our friendship. It's not what you say, but it's how you say it. Think before you speak and some things are better left unsaid.

In most cases, no matter what has happened, I am usually the "bigger person" who makes peace and sets a new tone. But as usual when a person hurts me they see no wrong and never attempts to makeup. My thing is that when you know that you have hurt a person, intentional or unintentional, if you value the friendship you should try to make amends.


I'm tired and stretched out. A lot of people depend on me and expects a lot from me. But I wonder sometimes if they take account of my needs. And even though I am a strong person, my days get hard and my heart gets weary too. There are only two friends who have held me hand, hugged me during my sorrow or allowed me to lay my head in their laps when I needed to vent.

Funny thing is that I still love my friend and enjoy receiving news on her accomplishments. I am proud of her happy to see her dreams come true. I started blogging because of her and I still read her blog periodically. I realized today that I'm not listed on her blog list anymore. That's when I laughed and knew for sure it was over. I went for months at a time without posting and was threatened to be removed but it never happened (the benefit of being of friend).

Maybe this time apart is what we needed. Maybe it's the path that our lives was destined to take. Whatever the case, the love want die and the prayers won't cease. I thank God for her because she has impacted my life tremendously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home