Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I finally made it!!

I remember the rush I got at Ms.Tee's graduation and dreamed of when my day would come. I missed my graduation date twice! The first time I broke my foot and had to sit out a while. The second time a state mandated course that was not apart of my original course description held me back.

Well two graduation dates late I have finally made it. Due my time of illness I missed all the deadline dates for cap and gown and other senior activities. So I had no intentions to walk, of course, against the wishes of everyone I knew. All that mattered to me was a transcript that stated degree conferred.

To my surprise there was a cap and gown ordered for me and 7 graduation tickets. So I called "BIG RED" (mama) and told her that she had a graduation to attend. She is more excited than I am. I bet if they would let her wear the gown for me, she would.

Now all the butterflies are in my stomach and all those anxious feelings of graduation day were back. All the feelings that I thought I let go and suppressed were all back.
I'm happy and excited. A true feeling of accomplishment. And the funny part of this is that is just the beginning of what I have yet to accomplish.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!

one love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home